Spring Garden Recipes
Spring recipes often mean pulling ingredients from the freezer or the pantry. It's always a challenge, but some great dishes can be made with preserved food. Try some of these recipes for your family and I think you will agree.
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE
We like homemade PIZZA. This recipe for the sauce is one of my new favorites.
- 2 cups homemade tomato sauce ( or 1 cup canned tomato sauce and 1 cup canned tomato paste)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients together and spread on the pizza crust, top with your favorite toppings and ENJOY!!